Avionics Testing and Integration Engineer, Drones
Synapline is a privately funded technology start-up company, building AI-powered unmanned and autonomous systems to help professionals in Defense, Government, and Commercial sectors to collaborate, operate and manage mission-critical unmanned operations with more efficiency, safety, and security.
We are a diverse team of problem solvers and experts in artificial intelligence, computer vision, software, and hardware engineering, that are building hardware and software products and solutions to dramatically enhance the capabilities of organizations to drive better decisions with more certainty in complex and dynamic environments.
We believe that by augmenting human intelligence and amplifying human capabilities with intelligent machines and responsible artificial intelligence technologies, we will help to build a more resilient society and further accelerate human invention and creativity.
If you are passionate about solving challenging engineering problems that have a real-world impact, come join Synapline and build the future of artificial intelligence-powered autonomous and unmanned systems.
Your main responsibilities and tasks:
- Plan and execute flight test plans for new software features, electronics, sensors, and payloads.
- Perform hands-on mechanical and electrical integration of new hardware components (cameras, payloads, radios, controllers, actuators, computers)
- Troubleshoot and debug any components of a drone in the office or the field. Maintenance of vehicles – keep the fleet ready for flight tests.
- Assist in developing flight manuals and supporting documentation necessary to operate the system
- Perform flight test planning, flight readiness reviews, flight briefs/debriefs, and perform post-flight data analysis
- Participate in defining and validating customer workflows and enhancing the user experience.
- Talk to the vendors of hardware components and track the orders from research to office delivery.
- Learn about the domain and competitors to propose new applications for our product and solutions, as well as, improvements to existing ones.
To succeed in this role, you should bring the following:
- Engineering degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, Robotics, Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or a related field.
- Upper-Intermediate English level (writing, reading, and verbal).
- Great passion for engineering problem solving and autonomous systems (drones)
- Solid understanding of electronics
- Basic knowledge of electrical test equipment (multimeter, oscilloscope)
- Ability to work hands-on with electro-mechanical systems including assembly, disassembly, testing, and troubleshooting.
- A pragmatic, creative, and flexible attitude with a result-driven, can-do mentality
- Amazing communication skills
- Ability to carry out all responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and with customers.
- Willingness to learn and adapt to the changing environment.
You will impress us if you have one or more of the following:
- Knowledge in one of the following areas: Control Systems design, Embedded Systems, Signal Processing, RF fundamentals
- Hands-on experience with microcontroller programming (e.g., STM32)
- Have experience with C/C++
- Hands-on experience in flight testing and operating/piloting small UAVs or other robotic systems.
- Familiarity with drone platforms, like, Pixhawk, Ardupilot, and PX4.
- Experience in integrating, operating, and tuning autopilots on a variety of unmanned vehicles.
In return, we offer you:
- Fast-paced startup environment
- Opportunity to develop innovative products for the industry
- Competitive starting salary (will be based on your skills and experience).
- Participate in relevant conferences and exhibitions
- Flexible working hours
- The friendly, open-minded, fun, and collaborative environment of experts is where you can grow as a professional.
- Possibility of learning table tennis at an advanced level.
- The opportunity of learning drone piloting
How to Apply
If you are the person we are looking for, fill in the form and we will get back to you. See you soon :)
- Application review
- Scheduling an on-site interview to meet the team, have a coffee together, and talk about life, the universe, and how autonomous and unmanned systems can enhance human decision-making during mission-critical operations.